Honors and Recognitions
Rated by Super Lawyers, 2016
Featured Attorney Litigation, Rated “Very Good”, Avvo.com
Texas Monthly Rising Star, 2010
Selected Publications + Presentations
The Super (Bowl) Bust: A Case Study of Construction Claims, Co-presented by Lane Farley and Julia Sinor, CityPlace Conference and Event Center – Dallas, Texas, May 2012
The TRCC, the RCLA and the Winds of Change, Co-authored by Thomas R. Stauch, Presented to the Grayson County Bar Association, September 2009
Education + Professional Background
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2005
Admitted to Practice
Matt Mumm has represented clients throughout the State of Texas in lawsuits and arbitration actions involving commercial disputes, premises liability and products liability actions, automobile and trucking accidents, and construction defect claims. His practice focuses primarily on the investigation, analysis, and defense of claims involving complex factual issues.
Matt has significant experience in the assessment and use of technical documents, scientific data, field and laboratory testing, and expert testimony as key components in preparing a winning defense for his clients.
- Won jury trial for architect in $6 million hotel foundation case, 2014
- Won favorable result for structural engineer in foundation design case; jury trial resulted in no finding of liability against engineer but $22 million verdict against contractor, 2014
- Obtained favorable settlement of design defect lawsuit against architect of Nevada commercial development, 2014
- Won dismissal of lawsuit against civil engineer of commercial project in Denton County, Texas, 2014
- Obtained non-suit with prejudice of multi-million dollar construction defect lawsuit brought by hotel owner against client general contractor
- Obtained favorable settlement of multiple construction defect lawsuits brought by condominium unit owners against client general contractor
- Obtained favorable settlement of claim for damages arising from catastrophic failure of natural gas pipeline for client utility company.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of construction defect suit against client homebuilder and successfully petitioned court to declare Plaintiff a vexatious litigant.